Welcome to your Chiro Care Program. Not all of our patients see this information, it was specifically created for you. Over the coming weeks we'll share great information with you to help you maximise your results over the coming months.
Week 1) Getting Started.
Why choose chiropractic care? Usually the big picture is the key.
Here are 5 common signs I look for to see if people need chiropractic care.
1) If you sleep on your stomach or curl into a ‘ball’ can indicate your spine is sore or twisted - you adapt sleeping positions to relieve discomfort. Commonly, women tend to do this more than men because they are generally more flexible.
2) Old injuries seldom go away on their own - you might not feel obvious pain or soreness however when you touch or bang the area it still hurts. Did you realise that studies have shown that only 10% of our nervous system perceives pain? Therefore parts of your body may be in ‘crisis’ or injured however your brain does not receive the pain message.
3) If you sit a lot - this applies to everybody, however certain groups of people are more at risk including students, young/older office workers. Sitting for too long causes back pain, leg pain, sciatica, numbness and tight muscles.
4) If you are not exercising 2-3 times a week - The biggest reason you may not be exercising regularly is that you are injured (not necessarily a broken leg or something that obvious). These injuries are commonly associated with spinal subluxation. You have what we are looking for and are able to help correct the problem.
5) If you regularly take painkillers or anti-inflammatory medications for headaches or body aches and pain. Do you get reoccurring headaches? Your not alone! The collective number of pills taken everyday in an attempt to counteract the pain of headaches alone is simply staggering. The majority of our patients who seek chiro care for headaches have found that their frequent bouts with headaches or migraines can be minimized or even eliminated through safe, natural chiropractic care.
Surfers seek increased performance through Chiropractic care at the Hurley Australian Open of Surfing Manly.
Australian Open 2012 Pro Junior and Open Men’s winner Matt Banting said:
“It was the best and most aligned my body has ever felt for a competition!”
*Chiropractors Association of Australia
I’ve been going to a Chiropractor for as long as I can remember. It is as important to my training as the practice of my swing.
Adjustments are amazing. However it’s a combined effort that really produces results. Your adjustments go hand in hand with good posture and exercise. Regular exercise at least 2-3 times a week, together with a comprehensive stretching program and nourishing diet will be sure to see you succeed with chiropractic care.
Also, do you think the healing stops when Dr Paul’s hands are not longer touching you? The actual ‘adjustment’ is just the start of the process, not the end!
Adjustments reset your bodies nervous system (just like turning on & off a light) and help your back to relax and heal. Adjustments reduce pressure on your nervous system and help remove any interference blocking your nervous communication.
The healing lasts for days - that’s the secret. It is quite common for patients to actually feel sleepy after an adjustment - this is the process of your body relaxing/resetting itself.
Of course, tight muscles and poor postures will eventually place enough stress on your vertebrae that further healing/adjustments are required. A series of adjustments over time are usually always required. Chiropractic adjustments aim to release harmful pressure from your vertebrae and a series of adjustments is the best start you can make for the process of structural change within your body.
Thanks for reading your Week 1 Chiropractic Guide. Next week we'll send our week 2 guide.
Dr Paul (Chiropractor) and team
About Dr Paul Calladine (Chiro) B.Sc.(Biol.), B.Sc.(Anat.), M.Chiro. (Gonstead Diplomate) and Lyons Road Family Chiropractic.
Lyons Road Family Chiro and Dr Paul (Chiro) have been serving the health care needs of Sydney's Inner West and Drummoyne communities for over 23 years. Paul is originally from Canada and has obtained high levels of tertiary qualifications from both Canada and Australia. Paul is a wealth of information on all things natural, on fitness, long term health, nutrition and of course, chiropractic. Follow us onFacebook, Youtube, Twitter and Google+.