Chiropractic in pregnancy: reducing pain during pregnancy and trauma during labour
Chiropractic is generally regarded as being an effective and safe treatment to help relieve low back pain. Lower back pain is one of the most common symptoms women experience during pregnancy. Many women find that chiropractic helps them during their pregnancy.
- Studies show that over 50% of all women suffer from back pain during pregnancy (1).
- In a study titled ‘When to adjust: chiropractic and pregnancy’, it was found that 75% of women reported finding relief from pain after receiving chiropractic care (2).
Dr Paul Calladine (Chiro) has over two decades experience in helping pregnant women with natural, chiropractic care. If you’re looking for a pregnancy chiropractor in Sydney, look to your chiropractor in Drummoyne.
Pregnancy and chiropractic care: is it right for me?
At Lyons Road Family Chiro we want you to have the best chances of a healthy pregnancy and birth. Chiropractic care is not only a natural way to help with symptoms associated with pregnancy (back pain, sciatica, postural problems) it also provides greater health potential for both mother and baby.
General health benefits to you may include:
- Improved joint flexibility
- Improved posture
- Reduced pain
- Reduced nerve interference
Do I need a referral from a GP?
No, you do not need a referral to see a chiropractor. In Australia, chiropractors are five year trained healthcare professionals.
Take Action Today
If you want to learn more about spinal health or to book a pregnancy check up, please contact Lyons Road Family Chiro today on (02) 9819 6182 or click through to our new patient consultation page.
Share this page
Do you like this article? Please feel free to share it with your friends and family. Simply reference this page or www.chiropractordrummoyne.com.au to use.
About Dr Paul Calladine B.Sc.(Biol.), B.Sc.(Anat.), M.Chiro. (Gonstead Diplomate) and Lyons Road Family Chiropractic.
Lyons Road Family Chiro and Dr Paul (Chiro) have been serving the health care needs of Sydney's Inner West and Drummoyne communities for over 23 years. Paul is originally from Canada and has obtained high levels of tertiary qualifications from both Canada and Australia. Paul is a wealth of information on all things natural, on fitness, long term health, nutrition and of course, chiropractic.
You might also like
1) Borggren CL. Pregnancy and chiropractic: a narrative review of the literature. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2007;6(2):70-74.
2) Shaw G. When to adjust: chiropractic and pregnancy. J Am Chiropr Assoc. 2003;40(11):8–16.
Helpful Pregnancy Resources:
- Pregnancy, birth and beyond. www.pregnancy.com.au